I Am Poems
The "I Am Poem" is a template-based poem that requires students to represent themselves in the form of poetry as well as in visual form.
- To write a poem that represents oneself.
- To symbolize part of a poem using self-identifying visuals.
- To get to know one another through the poem and accompanying visual.
- Computer and internet for each student
- Google presentation doc set up for collaborative sharing
Provide students with an "I Am" template, either electronically - http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/iampoem.htm- or through the template below to write their own poems.
- Once the poems are written, provide learners with a link to a shared Google Doc Presentation and instructions to use one of the presentation slides to compose their poem and include a photo from their Facebook accounts or one taken with their mobile that symbolizes the essence of their identify.
- After all students complete this task, the presentation is projected via an interactive board. Ask learners, one at a time, read their poems to their classmates.