Dear Abby Letters
- To identify a situation that is causing personal distress.
- To give and receive suggestions for coping with difficult situations.
- One computer with internet per student
- Students write a Dear Abby letter that describes a conflict they are currently or have experienced in their lives.
- Instruct students to access and create their own Primay Pad link to compose their Dear Abby Letter. Primary Pad allows for collaborative writing.
- Reinforce that their identities should be kept anonymous.
- Once done, ask learners to send their links to you, the educator.
- Shared with the entire class one link at a time. I use Google URL shortener to shorten the Primary Pad links and project individual URLs so learners can copy it into their own address bars.
- Ask other learners to can make recommendations within the Primary Pad for resolving the conflict. The Dear Abby letters are accessed and responded to one at a time.
- Each Dear Abby Letter/Primary Pad link can be projected as learners write their recommendations so they can be viewed and publicly discussed.