Conflict Management Strategies Posters
- To Identify conflict management skills to help manage emotions, information, goals, and problems.
- To create a group aggregate of visual posters depicting identified conflict management skills and strategies.
- Computer and internet for each student
- Google presentation doc set up for collaborative sharing
- Give learners the opportunity to explore conflict and conflict management strategies through doing their own reading and research with given websites: http://www.zunal.com/process.php?w=106108; http://www.womensmedia.com/lead/182-strategies-for-managing-everyday-conflict.html; http://www.getoveritmoveon.com/2011/11/7-strategies-for-conquering-conflict/
- Ask each learner to identify one strategy from her/his research and readings that s/he believes could be realistically used in his/her life and to create a poster about that strategy using the Big Huge Labs - Motivator: Create Your Own Motivation Posters (http://bighugelabs.com/motivator.php) and Creative Commons Flickr copyright available photos that visually depict that strategy. They might need to be given a short lesson how to provide photo attribution.
- Instruct students to put their posters within the Google Doc presentation that has previously been set up for this purpose.
- Project the final slide presentation and ask each learner to describe and discuss his/her strategy and poster.