Collage of Feelings
- To create visual representations that depict a variety of feelings, which can be used as a catalyst for discussions.
- To develop empathy for others through sharing personal experiences and exploring commonly-shared emotions and feelings.
- Depending on the age level of the learners, have them brainstorm as a group or do online searches for lists of feelings words.
- Either individually or in pairs, ask learners to create a collage of feeling words that depicts feelings they typically experience in their lives.
- Several tools can accomplish this. Wordle is the simplest, Tagxedo and Word Mosaic permit words to be shaped into a symbol. Glogster is the best as images can be used to symbolize the feelings words. See examples below.
- Using an Interactive Whiteboard or a LCD projector, learners share their collages.